Ripe Peaches - 4 or 5
Sugar - 1/2 cup (depends on your Peach's sweetness)
Water - 1 cup
Fresh cream/malai - 1 tbsp
Cherry or Almonds for the topping
1. Peel the outer skin of the peaches, remove the seed and cut the fruit into small slices as shown.
2. Boil 1 cup of water in a small pan. Add these peach slices to it when boiling.
3. When the bright color of peaches turns transparent, add 1/2 cup of sugar to it. Stir well and let it boil for 15 minutes in slow flame.
4. Once the peaches are well cooked (mashable), take out half of the mixture in a blender and grind it into a smooth paste with 1 tbsp of fresh cream.
5. Add this ground mixture back into the pan with the rest of the peaches and stir it for 2 minutes until it becomes thick and creamy.
6. Switch off and let it get cooled. You can serve this dessert either warm or cold.
Warm version - Scoop out the dessert in a serving bowl. Add some malai on top and grated almonds for the toppings. Yummmmlicious!!!
Cold Version - Transfer the mixture to a closed container and keep it in freezer for 1 hour. Take out from the fridge and keep it aside while you have your meal, for it to loosen up. Scoop out in a dessert bowl and serve the frozen peach delight with a cherry on top. Wowwwwww.. It was just amazzzzzing!! I couldnt belive I made it in my first blind try!! It was just like the desserts served in posh restaurants, melts in your mouth and juicy too, because we left half of the peaches in chunks.
You can have both the v with a scoop of vanilla icecream too... Extra Yummy!!
Try this recipe with anyother fruits like apricots, strawberries, etc. and let us know how it came out.