Some people may call this recipe as Arabiata pasta, but I'm really not sure of it's name :)
Pasta - 1 cup
Onion finely chopped - 1
Tomato chopped - 1 (optional since you are going to add tomato puree or sauce)
Garlic chopped - 1 tsp
Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp or Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Oregano or Mixed Herbs - 1/4 tsp
Cheese grated - 2 tbsp
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Ready-made Pasta sauce - 1 1/2 tbsp (I used Delmonte Pasta sauce)
(Or make your own pasta sauce by boiling 2-3 tomatoes and a quarter of a capsicum (optional). Peel the tomatoes and grind them into a puree.)
Boil Pasta in 3 cups of water with a tsp of salt and a tsp of oil. After the pasta is cooked, strain and cool the pasta.
1. Heat oil in a wide pan. Add the Garlic and onion. Saute them well until it's translucent.
2. Add chopped tomatoes if you like, this makes the pasta a little more tangy. Add required salt. Saute them well until cooked.
3. Add the ready-made pasta sauce and quarter cup of water. If you are adding the home-made tomato puree, add it now and let it boil nicely.
4. Add chilli flakes/ chilli powder, oregano, herbs, etc. Add a pinch of sugar (optional). add pepper powder if you like.
5. Once the sauce is thickened, toss in the cooked pasta and mix well.
6. Place the pasta in a serving dish and grate the cheese over the pasta. Serve it hot.
Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out.