These days we have started making a lot of soups at home... I know my cream of pumpkin soup recipe is still pending to be uploaded. I assure that I will post it this week. Once you know the recipe, every other cream soup is same. But today's soup is different... it's a mild spiced coconut based soup. What can be more comforting than a cup of hot coconut milk with some spices?? This is very common Thai Soup Recipe and it's quite easy to do. I added my recent found new green vegetable - Bok Choy. But you can feel free to toss in any veggies you have in your refrigerator.
Coconut Milk - 2 cups
Bok Choy / Celery Or any greens - 1 cup
Broccoli - 8-10 Florets
Mushroom - 5-6
Capsicum/ Bell pepper chopped - 1/4 cup
Onion chopped - 1
Garlic chopped - 4
Ginger chopped - 2" piece
Green chilli/ Red chilli paste - 1 tbsp
Olive Oil - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 1/2 tsp
1. Heat butter + olive oil in a wide pan.
2. Add the ginger and garlic, onions. Saute well until it becomes slightly brown.
3. Add the chilli paste, salt. Toss in all the vegetables one by one depending on their cooking time. I added the bell peppers, greens, broccoli and then the mushroom. Pour little water and cook them well. You can see that i added half a tomato too, but its not required :)
5. Close the lid and let it come to boil.
6. Once it boils well, simmer the soup and check salt and spices. Add mixed herbs like oregano/thyme/basil according to your taste buds.
7. You can also add some milk cream in the end to finish it off. I did not add milk, to keep the coconut milk flavor.
8. Switch off and serve hot!!
It is mild spicy and absolutely comforting to your taste buds and soul! It's a complete meal by itself.
Try it and let us know your experience.