This is quite a simple recipe, without much back breaking work. And it's in fact healthy too since we are not adding cream. You can add any vegetable or paneer, since this is a basic gravy base recipe. I made this gravy for as an accompaniment with jeera rice, and it turned out well. It even tasted great with dosas too, no doubt with rotis. Let's get to it then...
I added both mushroom and potatoes with peas. You can use either of them.
Cooking time: 20 mins
1. Grind the items given in the the to grind list into a nice paste and keep it separate.
2. Heat a Pan with oil, add jeera and other spices. Let them splutter and aroma comes out well.
3. Now add in the ground paste into the oil. Be careful since the gravy will splutter all over, keep the flame on low.
4. Sauté the mix and let it boil on medium flame. Add the peas and potatoes if using. Add salt. Pour little water, close with a lid and let them cook until soft.
5. Now add the mushrooms. Add in the masala powders and mix well. Let the masala cook until oil separates out. Add milk to thicken the gravy if necessary.
You can also add cream to make a richer gravy. Add a pick of sugar to bring out the taste. Switch off and serve hot with any rice, rotis or dosas.
Do try at home for a quick side dish and let us know your feedback.