Lets move right to the recipe... No more Rambling!
To Fry & Grind:
Cinnamon - 1/2" piece
Cardamom - 1 pod
Onion - 2 medium
Tomato - 2 small or 1 medium
Green chilli - 1 or 2
Ginger - 1 1/2" piece
Garlic - 5 cloves
Cashew - 6-7
Khus Khus - 1 tsp
Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Corriander Powder - 3/4 tsp
Veggies like Capsicum, Peas, Baby Corn - 1/2 cup
Paneer - 250 gm (soak it in hot water for 10 mins)
Jeera/ Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Garam Masala/ Kitchen King - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
1. First lets saute all the items under To fry & Grind list in 1 tsp oil. Add all the masalas and switch off. Let it cool for 5 mins. Grind to a thick paste after it cools down.
2. Meanwhile in the same Kadai, add another tsp oil or ghee or butter. Add 1 tsp jeera. Let it splutter.
3. Add in the veggies if using, saute them well with some salt until they are cooked.
4. Now add the ground paste with 1 cup of water. Mix well and let the gravy boil. Add garam masala if using.
5. Add in the Paneer cubes and simmer the gravy until it thickens. Adjust consistency with water or add fresh cream if required. In the above picture i did not add any fresh cream to thicken it.
Switch off and serve hot with hot phulkas or rotis.