Small Onions - 10
Green chillies - 2 or 3
Corriander leaves - 1 cup
Mint leaves - 1 cup
Cocunut scrapped - 2 tbsp
Tamarind - a small pinch
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Split channa dal - 1 tsp (optional)
Hing - a pinch (optional)
Curry leaves (optional)
1. Heat oil in a kadai. Add items in 'to temper' list.
2. Fry onions and green chillies for 2 mins.
3. Add tamarind and the greens. Saute for 1 min only, till the raw smell leaves. Retain the color and crunchiness of the leaves.
4. Add coconut and switch off to coll the mixture.
5. Add salt to taste and grind the mixture once cooled.
# I added curry leaves to add some Iron content in whatever we eat.
# We do the tempering before grinding this chutney here. But you can also try tempering after grinding the mixture.
# You can make this chutney only with mint or corriander leaves, depending on your taste.
Add as much as green leaves you can into your daily diet... Happy Cooking!!