I'm back again with a Keto / Low carb recipe, and this time it's a dessert! Yayyyy, my favorite part of a meal.
So this recipe is inspired from Headbanger's Kitchen Youtube channel. He has a great collection of Keto recipes with Indian ingredients, so it is easier to follow. I wanted a quick fix for my sweet cravings on Keto and boom there was this panna cotta recipe. It is so easy and takes hardly 10 mins to make and maybe an hour to set.
The outcome was the below image.. Can we call it a food art? :)
It is a Coffee Pannacotta with chocolate syrup drizzled on top. You can make it non-keto too by adding regular sugar.
And play with the flavors as you like.
1 tsp gelatin
1 cup of cream (I replaced 1/4 cup with coconut milk/cream)
Melted Chocolate to garnish
1. Add 1 tsp gelatin in two tbsp water and let it bloom for five mins.
2. In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup of cream (I replaced 1/4 cup with thick coconut milk/cream). Do not let it boil, just make it warm enough.
3. Mix in vanilla essence or seeds, and sugar/stevia as required.
4. Then take it off the stove and mix in the gelatin mixture until it dissolves completely.
5. In two ramekins or moulds, pour in the cream mixture and set in fridge for a couple of hours. I kept in the freezer and it was set within an hour. Now that's a plain vanilla panna cotta which you can eat with a berry reduction.
6. For the coffee panna cotta, just mix in a tsp of instant coffee powder in the cream mixture before you pour into the ramekins.
For chocolate panna cotta, mix in 1/2 a tsp of cocoa powder in the cream before setting and serve with chocolate syrup.
That's it for this yummy and a healthy dessert.
Give it a try and let me know your how you liked it.
Do you want to know more about this Keto/ Low carb lifestyle?
Leave a comment below and I will cover the topics in my next blog.