I have been waiting so long, to find a suitable scrub for my skin type and one that works too! Most of the drugstore scrubs doesn't suit my sensitive skin, gives me breakouts and redness. I was rather using turmeric and besan (Chickpea flour) for quite sometime.
My blackheads on my nose have increased recently, since i started working out everyday. My nose is rough to touch :(
And that is when i found this easy homemade scrub which actually works!
This is an all purpose scrub and can be used to remove dead cells on your skin of any part of the body. And there hundreds of variations that you can make this scrub.
What you need for the basic version of Scrub:
Brown Sugar - 4 tbsp (No White sugar! That's refined and doesnt work as a good scrub, dissolves easily)
Honey - 1 tbsp
Mix both ingredients and store in a quite little pot.
Wet your face, dip a clean finger into the scrub and take some. Apply on wet skin and gently massage for 5 minutes.
Leave it on if you have time, else just wash it off with a mild soap.
And that's it for a simple everyday scrub which can smooth out your skin, remove blackheads, and also gives a subtle glow!
General guideline: Use Scrubs twice a week.
You can use this scrub as:
1. Lip Scrub - Gently scrub on your lips to reveal fresh lips. Cute pout now :)
2. Face Scrub - Use on the full face to remove tan and dead skin
3. Body Scrub - Concentrate on elbows, knees and darker spots.
4. Blackhead scrub - As explained above
5. Hair scalp scrub - Yes, you read it right. I used it on a day when i felt my scalp was itching due to bad weather and dandruff. Cursing the winters every year! I dipped my fingers in the scrub and gently massaged my wet scalp for a few mins. Then washed it off with usual shampoo. And i must say, my scalp was calmer and so soothing. No dandruff until next wash!
6. Foot scrub - Cleans and heals your tired feet
1 cup brown sugar + 1/4 cup coconut oil + 1 tsp vanilla extract
3. Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub - Refreshing and Wake up Scrub
1/8 cup coffee ground + 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp vanilla extract + olive oil as per required
*Body scrub - Might be harsh on facial skin
4. Orange Cinnamon Sugar Scrub - Relaxing and Immunity booster
1/3 cup brown sugar + 3 tbsp coconut oil + 20 drops of orange essential oil (You could also use orange rind powder 2 tbsp) + 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
5. Peppermint Sugar scrub - Cooling sensation and Rejuvenates
1/4 cup brown sugar + 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil + 4 tbsp coconut oil
6. Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub - Reduces Pain and prevents infection
2 tbsp coconut oil + 1/2 cup brown sugar + 1 tsp baking soda + Zest of one lime + lime essential oil
Likewise there are so many ways to make the sugar scrub fun and it would be a great idea to gift it to someone special with cute DIY packaging too. Have fun scrubbing and keep glowing girls.
Do follow me on instagram @thekavicliving for daily updates and on my fb page: Click here.