Wild turmeric is an important ingredient in any ayurvedic skin care product. It has anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties. The yellow pigment in the turmeric makes the skin brighter. It also helps in removing facial hair and pimple marks, when used for a longer time. Ladies used to apply turmeric paste on their body before taking bath ages before, to give a glow to their skin. This ritual is even now followed in marriage ceremonies in India. So how do we use it as a face pack?
Last time my mom came home, she felt my face was dull even after a facial at a nearby parlor :( This is why I'm not a parlor hitting girl!! She took the pains of searching kasthuri manjal in the market, and found a shop which sold the dried kasthuri manjal roots. She brought them home and grinded it coarsely in the mixer. Sieved it to make a fine powder and stored it for my later use. You can also buy 100% organic Kasthuri manjal powder available from some known brands.
1 tsp - Kasthuri Manjal powder
2 tsp - Gram flour (Kadala Maavu)
1 tsp - Unboiled milk
Mix all the three ingredients to form a thick paste. Apply evenly on your cleansed face and neck. Let it dry for 15 minutes or until you get a stretchy feeling. Then wet it with water and start massaging in the areas where you want to remove your unwanted facial hair. Massage for 2 minutes and wash your face completely. Enjoy the instant radiance in your face. It doesn't make your face yellow, if washed properly. I am using this pack as a body scrub everyday, works 100 times better than a normal soap. My skin is never too dry and my skin allergy marks are fading out slowly.
You can also skip the gram flour in this pack.
If you have an oily skin, replace milk with yogurt.
My tiny golden facial hair after bleaching is less visible now. :)
Try this pack at home and save on your expensive parlor treatments!!
Other well-known beauty recipes with Kasthuri Manjal:
1. During pregnancy, apply a paste of Kasturi Manjal to your lower belly every other day to avoid getting stretch marks.
2. Prepare a mix of Honey and Turmeric and apply this mask on your face to get glowing skin.
3. Prepare a paste with Kasturi Manjal and luke warm coconut oil and apply on face to reduce unwanted hair growth.
4. A mix of Kasthuri manjal and sandal wood powder can cure acne if applied regularly. Rub the mix on affected skin area and wash off after 30 minutes
5. Apply a mix of sugar cane juice and Kasthuri Manjal on your face and wash of after 20 minutes to treat wrinkles.
6. Another mix of buttermilk and Kasthuri manjal applied near our eyes can eliminate the wrinkles and marks.