Time to cook: 30 mins
1. Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 mins
2. Heat a deep pot/ pan with 2 tbsp ghee preferably. Add in the jeera/ cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add the spices like cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf.
3. Add in the curry leaves and let it become crispy.
4. Add in the onions, green chillies and ginger. Sauté well until they get cooked and become translucent.
5. Drain the water and add the soaked rice into the pan. Sauté the rice well in ghee for 2 mins.
6. Add hot water 2 cups or according to your rice variety. Add salt as required and let it boil well. Close the pan with lid and let it get cooked on medium flame for 5 to 10 minutes. Open and check the rice for doneness.
7. Switch off and add roasted cashew nuts if desired. Serve hot with a good side dish or gravy.
Do try and let me know if you liked it :)