Baby Corns (boiled and blanched for 2-5 minutes) - 10-15
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp
Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Maida/ Refined Flour - 2 tbsp
Cornstarch/ Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
Oil to fry
1. If the baby corns are too big/ longer, chop them into same length pieces.
2. Marinate the boiled baby corns in ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and chat masala. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Make the batter with maida, corn flour, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, salt and a little water. Make it in a coating consistency.
4. Heat a kadai with oil to fry.
5. Dip the marinated baby corn one by one into the batter and fry them until golden brown.
Adjust the batter according to your taste. If you want them to be more crispy, add more corn flour.
Serve the cigars piping hot with tomato garlic sauce.
Long back I remember seeing a recipe on TV by Sanjeev Kapoor... starter recipe with Baby Corns!! I dont like much of baby corns, because I find them not so absorbing of the masala or doesnt have any taste and its sweet too! But my hubby likes them... :) I wanted to make a starter or an evening snack out of baby corns and this was the apt recipe for the occasion.
Kavi is a foodie and loves to cook something new everyday, else she would get bored. She takes inspiration from many food bloggers. Her tried and tested recepies are shared here to inspire you. Happy Cooking!!