I'm sharing 10 best tips to lose weight and become fit, that works for me all this while:
I'm not an expert at losing weight, but I'm a common woman who constantly wants to lose her extra pounds, burn fat faster, and look fit and perfect. Like everybody else I have been researching a lot on it and tried following them one at a time. In the long run, these tips below are those that worked for me and has more effect than the zillion stuffs out there on the Internet. So hop on, have some hope and follow these small steps in your everybody life to lose weight consistently.
1. Start your day with a glass of water, warm if possible. Add lemon and honey, if you have them at home and some time to make your drink. Else just gulp down a glass of water. Hydrate your body as a first step. Helps in cleaning your colons too.
2. Take stairs to office or home, at least once a day. My office is on the third floor and I make a conscious choice of climbing the stairs at least once a day, if I can't every time. When I see my workout stats on my phone, climbing 3 floors burns much more calories than you think. If you don't have any chance to climb stairs everyday, then consciously choose to walk whenever you have to go somewhere nearby, like going to the supermarket or to pick up some stuff.
Check out more about Detox water bottles and recipes here.
5. Workout everyday. I know you hate this tip, me too. Who has the time to workout everyday, I'll rather read something or listen to something in that time. But we have to do some sort of workout, something you like to do at least 5 days a week. It may be walking, jogging, swimming, playing badminton or any outdoor game, doing home workout videos or just stretching. Do any of this for at least 15 mins a day. Make it a point to do it continuously and viola it becomes a habit. My personal choice is home workout videos. I can chose the intensity and according to my body's needs :)
Let me know in the comments below, if you want me to tell you my favorite workout YouTube videos.
7. Snacks - these short eats everyday leads to more damage than you think, in the long run. Consciously choose to have more fruits or nuts and dried fruits for short eats. Replace your oily deep fried snack with fresh food. Nuts and dried fruits is a good option and fills you up for more time. Have your favorite fruit handy, and you would never eat any junk. I love water melons and would choose it over fried food. And another great tip is not to have any junk stored at home. Don't buy them, you will not have an option to eat them at home at least.
| || |
9. Have a very light dinner, the last meal of the day should be very light. Have two chapattis or dosas and have more water to fill up. Don't believe your mind which says that's not enough for your stomach. Have more cut veggies/fruits if you can't convince your mind. I chose to have only two small servings of any food at night and I feel so light when I go to bed. Not heavy and guilty before sleeping.
10. Final tip and the best is to have all meals in a day and in the right time. Even if you are not hungry, have something small and follow your meal schedule. Give your body and digestion system a usual routine. Don't disturb the routine based on your changing erratic moods and sleeping pattern. Sometimes I do this mistake, when I take an off from work I would sleep at irregular times and push my usual meal time by 2 or 3 hours, which is a really bad mistake. I end up with a bloated stomach and my digestion routine is disturbed and a whole bunch of
health issues follows. So follow a routine, have something healthy at short intervals like 4-5 meals a day - 3 meals and 2 tea breaks. Also sleep atleast 8 hours a day, you should know that improper sleeping patterns will raise your cortisol or stress levels, which inturn makes you crave for food especially junk.
Most of all, you need to have confidence in who you are and how you look! Have hopes on becoming healthy and fit, make it a goal and stride towards it in smaller steps. Believe You can and You will!
Hope my tips inspired you a tad bit... :)