We love them and keep innovating the mighty egg with different techniques.
This one is the egg rollup which not only looks fancy and delicious, also fills you up with all the nutrients.
If you are on strict Keto with absolutely no carbs or veggies, skip the veggies or change them with grated cheese and bacon.
So lets get to the recipe quickly.
Serves: 1 or 2
Eggs - 3
Butter - 2 tbsp
Finely diced vegetables of your choice (onion, bell pepper, green chilli, deseeded tomato, carrots, celery, coriander/cilantro/parsley)
Salt and Pepper
Grated cheese (optional)
A medium sized non-stick pan with raised edges
The ingredients are simple just like an omelette, with just a variation in the technique.
1. Beat the eggs in a bowl with 2 tbsp water, salt and pepper to make a batter of thin pourable consistency.
2. Heat a pan to mild heat and keep the heat low just enough to cook the eggs slowly.
3. Add the butter to the pan and let it cover the pan completely.
4. Now pour one third of the egg mixture onto the pan and swirl until it covers the pan completely like a crepe.
5. Place the finely cut veggies on top of the omelette and wait till it gets slightly cooked on top and golden at the bottom. Start rolling with a spatula and your fingers (don't burn yourself).
6. Roll it till 3/4th and move it to one side of the pan. Pour another 1/3 batter to fill the rest of the pan, like shown in the above picture. Add the veggies and cheese if using, let it cook for a minute. You just have to continue pouring, waiting till it cooks a bit and keep rolling like a yoga mat. (Difficult to explain in words, but you get the point).
7. Do the last 1/3rd batter, veggies, wait to cook and roll up till the end now. Switch off and take the omelette roll to the plate.
8. Cut it into 2" disks and serve the fancy roll ups with hot sauce or ketchup and some sides.
Hope you try this at home and stump someone with your lovely cooking skills.
Until next time with another fancy recipe, bye from Kavi.
Don't forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel for random life updates and Instagram for everyday crazy posts.
Stay happy :)