Mushroom (each one diced into 4) - 1 cup
Onion sliced - 2
Tomatoes chopped - 2
Capsicum cubed - 1
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblsp
Green chillies - 2 (optional)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Dhaniya/coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tblsp
Oil - 2 Tblsp
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon - small bit
1. Heat Oil in an open flat pan or broader Kadai. Add the items in to temper.
2. Add diced onion, green chillies and GG paste. Saute well.
3. Add Corriander powder now and saute well in the oil with onions. You would get the aroma of dhaniya infused in your dish.
4. Add turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala. saute for 2 mins.
5. Now add the tomatoes and capsicum. Add salt to taste. Fry till cooked, but dont let it get mashed. The highlight of kadai paneer/mushroom is the crunchy veggies. Retain the color and crunchiness.
6. Then add the diced mushrooms and saute well for 2-4 mins, until the mushrooms are coated with the masala. Mushrooom lets out some water while cooking, so need of adding water to the dish.
7. Add coriander leaves and kadai mushroom is ready to be served.
# Crushed Kasthoori Methi powder can be added for extra flavor.
# Clean your mushrooms well before use - Wash and wipe them with a clean towel.
# Same recipe works for kadai paneer too - Soak paneer in hot water for 30 mins before use.