Ok ok.. now let's get back to pancakes. Last time i tried pancakes was in McD breakfast menu in Bangalore. It was yuck :( It was almost like sweet dosas, even the shape and color was no way similar to a pancake. But now I got this recipe from Rak's kitchen, which is 10 times better than what I tasted in McD. This can be made in a jiffy on a lazy sunday morning, that too without the smell of eggs!!
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Brown sugar - 1 tbsp (I used white sugar instead)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Honey/ Maple syrup to serve
1. Add flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add milk and oil to this mixture slowly while stirring with an egg beater or spatula. Set the mixture aside for 10 mins.
3. After 10 mins give a whisk to the mixture and heat a dosa pan on high flame(Iron skillet is best). Turn it off and let the pan cool for 5 mins. (Rak's kitchen gives us this trick to get perfect round shaped pancakes and not like dosas)
4. Now switch on the pan again on medium flame. Grease the pan with butter and pour a laddle full of batter on the pan, without spreading.
5. Cook until it turns bubbles appear and color changes. Turn and cook until brown on the other side.
6. Serve hot with butter and your favorite topping like honey, caramel, maple syrup.
*I was too lazy to switch on and off the stove for each pancake, so found a way to cool the pan and then pour the batter, by adjusting the flame wisely.
* Whisk the batter nicely evrytime before pouring onto the pan.
I hope you try this recipe and also enjoy fluffy pancakes at the leisure of our home :)
Happy Cooking!! Let us know if this recipe worked well for you too.