Papad - 5
Onion finely chopped - 1/2 cup
Tomato finely chopped - 1/2 cup
Carrot grated - 1/2 cup
Green chilli finely chopped - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 pinch
Pepper powder - 1 pinch
Lemon juice and wedges
Oil to fry the papad
1. Fry the papad in oil or using microwave as you wish. I have used the normal papad/appalam, but you can use the papad with pepper (a bit thick ones). Buy bigger papad, kids will love it.
2. Mix the onion, tomato, green chilli and carrot in a bowl. You can also add other veggies like cucumber, capsicum, etc. of you like. This one I tried to imitate a nearby restaurant's masala papad.
3. Add salt, chilli powder, pepper powder and mix well with the veggies.
4. Add a layer of this veg mixture on the papad.
5. Squeeze a lemon and sprinkle some chopped corriander leaves. You can also sprinkle some grated coconut if you like.
Serve immediately or the papad will become soggy!!
You can modify this recipe as you wish. Add chat masala if wanted.