I had stock of raw groundnuts at home, the unroasted and unpeeled ones. If you don't have them, you can buy the readymade spicy roasted groundnuts (peeled or unpeeled).
Groundnuts/Peanuts - 1 cup
Oil - 1 tbsp
Dry Red chilli - 2
Garlic pods - 4
Curry leaves - 1 string
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Hing - a pinch
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Chat masala - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Onion finely chopped - 1/4 cup
Tomato finely chopped - 1/4 cup
Coriander chopped - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
1. Heat a kadai with 1 tbsp oil, add the dry red chilli, garlic pods and curry leaves. Add a pich of turmeric powder and hing. Saute well.
2. Add the raw groundnuts and saute well till they change color and get roasted well.
3. Add required salt, red chilli powder (optional), chat masala, garam masala powders and roast the peanuts for about 3-4 mins. Switch off the flame and let it cool for 2 mins. You can also have this spicy roasted peanuts as a stored snack... the garlic and curry leaves smell in the peanuts is awesome!!
4. Take a bowl, add the onions, tomato, coriander and lemon juice. Mix well.
5. Add the roasted groundnuts we just made (or store bought) to the mixture. Mix well and Serve. Taste and add salt if required.
Tada.. Peanut masala is ready in a jiffy. Good Snack for a rainy evening with a hot cup of tea.