Beetroot chopped finely - 1
Onion sliced lengthwise - 1
Tomato chopped - 1
Green Chilli slit lengthwise - 2 or 3
Pepper Corns - 1/2 tsp
Split Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Moong Dal - 1 tsp
Biriyani Spices like star anise - 1
Black Stone Flower - 1
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1"
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Chopped Coriander to garnish
1. Heat oil in the cooker pan, put all the biriyani spices and roast them until aroma arises.
2. Add the pepper corns, fennel seeds and split urad dal.
3. Now add sliced onions and green chillies. Saute well until onions are transparent.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and beetroot. Also add 1 tsp of moong dal for added flavor and texture.
5. Add salt as required and let the veggies cook for 2 mins.
6. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and close the cooker. Cook for 2 whistles, don't overcook the veggies.
7. Open the cooker, add some pepper powder if required (Since beetroots may be over sweet). Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
You can use the same recipe for Cauliflower or plain tomato soup. This hot soup tastes great for this cold weather and the monsoon season.
Rate this recipe below.