I made my own veg fajitas recipe and it turned out super tasty!! :)
For the tortila or chappati in my case :)
Wheat flour - 1 cup (Add maida or corn flour if you like)
Oil - 1 tsp
Water as required (Usually it is 55% of the quantity of flour, in case you are making dough for the first time)
For the filling:
Grated Carrot - 1 cup
Grated Beetroot - 1 cup
Finely chopped Onion - 1
Tomato chopped - 1 (Optional)
Chopped garlic - 3 (Optional)
Green chilli finely chopped - 1
Lettuce or Chopped Corriander
Grated cheese - 1/2 cup (Optional)
Yogurt or Sour cream - 1/2 cup
Oregano seasoning - 1 tsp
Chilli flakes or crushed red chilli - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Mix the flour, salt, oil and water slowly. Knead the dough well, similar to your chappati/roti dough. Keep it aside.
2. Heat a pan with olive oil. Add the onions, garlic and green chillies. Saute well.
3. Add the tomatoes if using and let them cook for 2 minutes. Dont make the mixture mushy. Let it be crunchy and the goodness of the veggies remain tact.
4. Add the grated carrot and beetroot. Add salt as required and saute well for 2 minutes until the raw smell goes away.
5. Add oregano and chilli flakes seasoning. Add pepper powder if desired and any other spices that you want. Don't add garam masala and dhaniya, then it becomes a typical indian stuffing.
6. Mix well until the mixture combines and switch off. Again the veggies should be crunchy and not over cooked. You can see the texture of my veggies in the photo above.
7. Make your roti or tortila, as you do for chappati but with less or no oil.
8. Place a hot chappati or tortila on a flat surface. Keep 2 tbsp of the cooked veggies in the center. Add some finely chopped corriander leaves or a lettuce. Add grated cheese on top. Add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt generously to give a juicy bite. Roll the tortilla and serve hot.
Add your own twists to this recipe and discover your fajita. A Good way to enjoy the goodness of veggies in a delicious way, like adding beetroot which generally I don't eat much. :P
Don't forget to post your comments :)