Keep in my mind the high calories though, that can be burnt out by an hour workout! And skyrocketing price of cashews! But don worry, nothing matters in front of this devilled cashews. Off to the simplest and the tastiest recipe ever...
Fresh cashews - 2 cups
Ghee - 250 ml
You can also use vegetable oil instead of ghee
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Black peppercorn freshly grounded - 1 tsp
1. Heat a wide pan or kadai. Pour 3 tbsp of ghee or oil.
2. Once it gets hot, toss in half of the cashews. I roasted the cashews in two batches for even browning, else they get burnt or undercooked. Keep agitating or stirring the cashews on a medium flame, until they become golden brown. Remove and place the cashews on a paper towel. Repeat the same for the next batch.
3. After roasting the cashews, add a tsp of ghee in the pan and toss in the curry leaves. Be careful as they splutter oil every where. Take out the crunchy curry leaves and strain on paper towel.
4. Last step - take a bowl and add the chilli, pepper powder, and salt. Mix well with a spoon. Now throw in the cashews and shake the bowl well. You can mix with a spoon or for even coating, toss/flip the mixture up and down in the bowl. I loved doing it :)
5. Add the fried curry leaves and toss it once. You are done. Adjust the spices if you need it to be a little bit more hot!
Freshly ground pepper enhances the taste of the cashews. Yummy snack for all occasions and your man will like it for obvious reasons. ;)