Semiya/ vermicelli - 1 1/2 cups
Thick Curd - 1 cup
Milk - 2 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Broken urad dal - 1 tsp
Cashews - 6
Finely chopped onions - 1/4 cup (optional)
Finely chopped green chillies - 2
Chopped Coriander leaves
1. Boil the sevai/vermicelli in enough water, with some salt and a drop of oil.
2. Strain it when it's cooked fully. Add the milk and curd. Mix it we'll and keep aside.
3. Heat a wide pan or kadai, with 2 tsp of oil/ ghee. Fry in the cashews and keep aside.
4. Put in the mustard and urad dal in the same oil. Let it splutter. Add the curry leaves.
4. Toss in the onions and green chillies. Sauté them well. Add little salt. Switch off and mix this mixture with the sevai. Tats it, Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Add more curd as you like it. You can add raisins too to make it sweeter.
Hope you like it as much as we do. Really quick option when you run out of time.