Let's see what goes into these heavenly, pillowy soft, fluffy pancakes. It's very simple with common kitchen ingredients and can be whipped up in 10 mins.
Makes: 8-10 pancakes
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter melted
1 cup milk
Butter to cook the pancakes
1. Mix the salt, sugar, flour and baking powder and keep aside.
2. Lightly beat the egg in a bowl with a whisk. Add the milk and melted butter to it. The butter must not be hot, else the egg gets cooked.
3. Gently beat the liquid mixture. Form a well inbetween the flour. Add all the liquid into it and mix gently until all the flour is combined into a pourable batter.
4. Heat a skillet or pan. Spread some butter on the pan. Pour a ladle of batter in the centre. No need to spread it.
5. Let it cook and brown on one side on a medium flame. You will know when bubbles appear on top and bursts, it's time to turn it to cook the other side.
Repeat the same for all pancakes. Serve them hot with a dollop of whipped cream, fresh berries and maple syrup poured on top. Even honey will just taste the same, if you are in India. Maple syrup is damn expensive here!
Do try and fall in love with pancakes.
I also have an eggless pancake recipe on my blog with bananas, if you are a vegetarian 😊